Calling all Alaskan innovators!
As of June 1st, the Alaska SBDC’s TREND program started accepting applications for its Phase 0 SBIR grant program. This program is made possible through a partnership with the University of Alaska Fairbanks Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (Alaska EPSCoR).
The Phase 0 grant program aims to support Alaskan innovators in developing and submitting proposals for federal innovation research grants that will benefit the nation. Over the last five years, this program has deployed almost $250,000 in Phase 0 grants to innovators and entrepreneurs across the state helping them to secure millions in Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I and Phase II grants. Participants in the Phase 0 grant program have a 30% award rate, compared to the national average of 15%.”
Jumpstart your innovation journey by visiting the Alaska SBDC’s TREND website and learn more about the Phase 0 grant program and TREND’s online tolls and resources today
Phase 0 Grant Timeline
- June 1, 2023 – The Phase 0 grant application opens
- June 30, 2023 – Early application deadline to receive an initial review for application completeness and compliance
- July 10, 2023 – Phase 0 grant application period closes
- August 13, 2023 – Applications evaluated by TREND Phase 0 committee
- September, 2023 – Phase 0 grant funds awarded and disbursed