BREAKING: Municipality of Anchorage will undergo another “hunker down” emergency order for the month of December.
With rising COVID-19 cases, the Municipality of Anchorage will hunker down once again. Under Acting Mayor Austin Quinn-Davidson, Emergency Order 16 (EO-16) will go into effect on December 1, 2020 – January 1, 2021.
You may reach the Mayor’s full hunker down proclamation here. Here’s what you need to know:
- Individuals must limit outings and physical contact to those within their household.
- Individuals likely to be contagious with COVID-19 must quarantine or isolate.
- Indoor gatherings are limited to six people, and outdoor gatherings are limited to 10 people. Specific exceptions are defined in the emergency order, including for drive-in events, classrooms, and political and religious gatherings.
- Bars and restaurants are closed except for take-out, delivery, or outdoor service.
- Indoor gyms are limited to 25% capacity
- Organized sports are closed to indoor competitions.
- Bingo Halls, theaters, private clubs, and other entertainment facilities are closed.
- Salons and personal care service providers are limited to 25% capacity and cannot provide services that require the removal of a mask.
- Retail and public-facing businesses are limited to 25% building occupancy and must maintain physical distancing.
- Employers must require employees to work from home when remote work does not significantly impede business operations.
We’re here to help
The Alaska SBDC is here to help. If your business is struggling or is going to be impacted by these orders, please reach out to one of our business advisors. With over three decades of experience helping businesses in Southcentral, our staff is standing by to help your business through these difficult times. The Alaska SBDC COVID-19 Resource Center and our website are also available 24/7 at https://aksbdc.org/covid19/ where you will find news, updates, and:
- 10 reopening guides by industry
- Current operating requirements for small businesses
- COVID-Conscious Business Materials
Small Business Tools & Resources
We also provide small business on-demand workshops, tools and resources, and no-cost business support. Check out these FREE tools and on-demand classes:
- All Alaska SBDC tools and resources
- All Alaska SBDC workshops
- Business Resiliency – Keeping the Lights On
- Bringing a Brick and Mortar Business Online
- How to Start Selling on Amazon
- Beginner’s Guide: Sell Your Products on Etsy
- Build A Local Presence
- Sell Online This Holiday Season with E-Commerce Tools with Google!
- Engaging Social Media
Small Business Support & Advising
One of our business advisors would be happy to work with you one-on-one where you’ll receive confidential, efficient, and applicable guidance for navigating this tumultuous time. Register to work with us at https://aksbdc.org/business-counseling/ or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re all in this together and the Alaska SBDC is ready to help. You may reach the Mayor’s full hunker down proclamation here.