SCoR created the Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame in 2014 to celebrate and honor outstanding individuals and inventions that put Alaska on the map as leaders in innovation and to contribute to Alaska’s growing culture of ingenuity.
SCoR invites nominations of outstanding innovators or innovations from Alaskan communities and villages who have made achievements which have impacted quality of life, economic development, the environment, and/or the welfare of the people of Alaska and the globe. SCoR and the University of Alaska are committed to establishing equal educational opportunity and encourage nominations of minority and underrepresented individuals. Nominees who are selected by SCoR will be members of the class of 2024 and will be inducted at the Innovation Summit held in Juneau on February 27-29, 2024.
Nominations will be accepted through December 31, 2023
A nominator can nominate a person/people for election to the SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame in one of three ways:
- Complete the ONLINE NOMINATION FORM
- Or – Nomination packets can be submitted via email to email@example.com, with subject line “2024 Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Nomination Packet for [nominee’s name]”
- Or – In a single packet by mail to SCoR Alaska Innovators Hall of Fame Nomination Committee, c/o University of Alaska Vice President for Academics, Students & Research, P.O. Box 755000, Fairbanks, AK 99775-5000.
Nomination packets include the following:
- Personal letter of nomination that describes the nominee’s innovation and its impact, using illustrations and photos as appropriate.
- Nominee’s contact information
- Resume or CV may be included, but not required
- List of references or community support
- Evidence of the nominee’s or their invention’s impact
- Supporting letters, which may be written by individuals in addition to the nominator