The UAA CBPP Business Plan Competition will be hosting its final event, the “Perfect Pitch” via Zoom on Friday, March 26, 2021, from 5:30-7:30 pm
To support the participating students and community entrepreneurs, register online here!
Four finalists have been selected to pitch their start-up ideas to judges and the public during “Perfect Pitch.”
Attendees will vote on their favorite in the People’s Choice category ($1,500) while ten judges deliberate over winners for the Grand Prize ($6,000), Second Place ($3,000), and First Fortune $500 Award.
The finalists are:
- Arctic Biotech Oath
Founder: Michael Martinez, a University of Alaska Anchorage Chemistry MajorArctic Biotech Oath provides green bio-mining extraction and recovery of rare earth elements in the circumpolar northern countries, in contrast to traditional methods that largely use acid chemicals or bioleaching with acidic thriving bacteria for extraction.
- Telaquana Outdoor Journeys
LLC Licensed owners: Kiana Till, Karen Evanoff, and Danielle StickmanTelaquana Outdoor Journeys, LLC aims to build a bridge between cultures and the environment by providing Athabaskan-influenced journeys in Qizjeh Vena, ‘a place where people gathered,’ also known as Lake Clark.
- Tiny Haven LLC
Majority owner: Aimee Hassell.Tiny Haven LLC fills a pressing need in the shortage of Anchorage housing options by providing charming places to stay. It focuses on two distinct populations of customers: students during the academic year, and visitors to Alaska.
- Your Equity.Fund
Founders: Yaso Thiru, Kirsten Halpin, Sai Sadasivam, Alaska Pacific UniversityYour Equity.Fund provides an equity crowdfunding app for Alaska, providing opportunities for startups and small businesses to conveniently raise local and low-risk equity capital.
The” Perfect Pitch” is the culmination of a long process that included a competition kick-off and mentoring sessions designed to support participants through the process of developing a robust plan and a public pitch.
Mr. Allan Johnston, Northrim Bank (Ms. K. Bender), and Alaskan Data Solutions (Jim Kostka, Owner), which developed the new First Fortune $500 Award.
From Alaska and beyond have volunteered to provide advice and inspiration from the business community. They include:
- Mr. Joel Yarmon, Founder and Managing Director Pipeline Capital partners, Nevada.
- Mr. Steve Socolof, Managing Partner, Tech Council Ventures, NJ.
- Mr. Jon Bittner, State Director, Alaska Small Business Development Center.
- Mr. James Kostka, Chief Operating Officer, and Owner Alaskan Data Solutions
- Mr. Allan Johnston, Chief Encouragement Officer.
- Ms. Candy Fitzpatrick, Founder, Restangles, LLC.
- Dr. Helena Wisniewski, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Chair Management, Marketing, Logistics & Business Analytics Department, College of Business and Public Policy.
- Mr. Greg Wolf, Executive Director, World Trade Center Alaska and Vice-Chair Advisory Board, College of Business and Public Policy.
- Mr. Joe Zimmerman, Owner and Director of Cook Inlet Marketing Group, Inc., Chair, Dean’s Advisory Board, College of Business and Public Policy.
The “Perfect Pitch” is coming up on Friday, March 26, 2021, from 5:30-7:30 pm. To support the participating students and community entrepreneurs, register online here!